Terms and Conditions ("Terms")Last updated: 21/12/2023
This document (the “Terms”) governs the relationship between Voicify AI Ltd (“Voicify AI”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you in relation to your access and use of the online platform for generating AI voiceovers, currently located at https://www.voicify.ai/ (together with any other Voicify AI websites and technologies owned by us, referred to together as the “Voicify AI Platform”). Voicify AI provides a suite of AI voice manipulation tools that enable users of the Voicify AI Platform to:
- Upload a vocal file (“Dataset”) to train and create a synthetic AI voice model that imitates the voice contained in such Dataset (“Custom Voice Model”);
- Convert text or audio into an audio file in the voice of one of our Custom Voice Models; “Conversions”);
- Upload audio files for audio manipulation, including extracting vocals from audio files containing instrumentals or removing reverb from vocal recordings; and
Our registered office is at Kalculus, 119 Marylebone Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 5PU and our registered number is 14797573. The Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and us. Please take time to read them carefully.
1. Your acceptance of these terms1.1 By accessing and using the Voicify AI Platform, and the Services made available through it, you agree to be bound by these Terms, as may be amended or varied from time to time. Your acceptance is on your behalf. For the purpose of these Terms, “you” and “your” means you as the User of the Voicify AI Platform and the Services.
1.3 If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us using the contact details at the end of these Terms.
2. Our Right to update these terms2.1 We may amend or vary these Terms at any time and for any reason, including to reflect changes affecting the Voicify AI Platform, our Services, our technology, our licensing arrangements, our payment policies, best practices, relevant laws and/or regulatory requirements.
2.2 Where we make changes to these Terms in an adverse way to you (unless such change is to comply with applicable law or regulation), we will notify you in advance and give you the opportunity to cancel your subscription if you are unhappy with those changes.
2.3 Any revised terms or policies will be made available to you at here and a notification of any material changes will be emailed to you. Please take a moment to read the changes. If you continue to use the Voicify AI Platform after we make the changes, you will be deemed to agree to the changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you should not use the Voicify AI Platform.
2.4 This version of the Terms is effective from the date specified at the top of this page. Previous versions of the Terms can be found here.
3. Registering your account3.1 In order to use or access certain parts of the Voicify AI Platform you may be required to register for an account (an “Account”) by providing certain personal information about yourself, a username and password of your choosing (“Registration Data”). Our services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and you must confirm that you are 13 years or older to create an Account and use the Services. If you are under 18 years old, you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to access and use the Voicify AI Platform. You should review these Terms with them. If you are a parent or guardian of a User who is under 18, by allowing them to use the Voicify AI Platform, you agree to be bound by these Terms and you are responsible for their use of the Platform.
3.2 All Users must only use the Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Services for any commercial or business purposes.
3.4 You are responsible for your use of the Voicify AI Platform or any other use that you have authorised. You are also responsible for keeping your Registration Data secure and protecting it against unauthorised use and for ensuring the security of any device from which you sign into your Account. If you fail to do so, you are responsible for any unauthorised use of the Voicify AI Platform using your Registration Data, and we shall have no liability to you in respect of such use. We recommend that you change your password from time to time to assist with security.
3.5 If you believe someone has accessed the Voicify AI Platform using your username and password without your authorisation, it is your responsibility to set up a new password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your Registration Data.
3.6 User names and profile images must not: (i) be obscene or offensive, (ii) infringe any third party rights, (iii) mislead anyone as to your identity, or (iv) otherwise (in our absolute discretion) be considered inappropriate. We may ask you to change any element of your username or profile image at any time, or change it directly ourselves (in which case we will send a message to your registered email address explaining this).
4. Subscription tiersVoicify AI offers several subscription tiers for Users (Credits, Creator or Power User). Some subscription tiers may have differing features, conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed to you prior to when you sign up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding the different subscription tiers here.
5. Subscription fees5.1 Access to the Voicify AI Platform and the Services is conditional on the payment of the fees in relation to your applicable subscription tier (“Subscription Fees”).
5.2 By registering for a subscription tier you agree that:
- to use the Services you must provide us with a current, valid method of payment accepted by us (“Payment Method”), as may be updated from time to time;
- we will charge a Subscription Fee to your Payment Method when you sign up to the Service and monthly thereafter, unless you cancel your subscription before your monthly payment date. Please visit the Settings page to see your next payment date.; and
- you authorise us to charge the Subscription Fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method.
5.4 If we can’t charge your Payment Method because it has expired, you have insufficient funds or for any other reason, and you don’t cancel your subscription, we might restrict your access to our Services and continue to try to charge you until a valid Payment Method is charged. Some Payment Methods might incur additional charges, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees related to payment processing. The taxes you pay might differ based on your chosen Payment Method or location. Please consult your payment service provider for more information.
5.5 You can update your Payment Methods by visiting the Settings page. Following any such change, you authorise us to charge the updated Payment Method.
6. Subscription cancellation6.1 Your subscription to our Services will continue on a rolling monthly basis until terminated by us or cancelled by you. To cancel your subscription, log into your Account and follow the instructions for cancellation on the Settings page.
6.2 You can cancel your subscription at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Services until the end of the relevant billing period. If you cancel your subscription, your Account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period.
7. Your right to change your mind7.1 You have 14 days after the date we confirm your subscription order to change your mind about a purchase (“Cancellation Period”). However, you lose your right to cancel your subscription once you start to use the Services (see more details about this in section 7.3). The Cancellation Period will expire 14 days after you accept these Terms.
7.2 If you change your mind and want to cancel these Terms, contact our Support Team at email@example.com. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your cancellation request before the cancellation period has expired.
7.3 When you register for a subscription tier, you will be asked to tick a box to confirm that you consent for us to supply the Services to you during the Cancellation Period and that you acknowledge that this means you lose your right to cancel your subscription once you start to use the Services.
7.4 This means that you lose your right to cancel this contract once you start to use the Services by uploading audio files or converting text or audio and will only be entitled to a refund in accordance with our Refund Policy.
8. Termination or suspension by Voicify AI8.1 We may, at our sole discretion, without notice and without liability to you, immediately terminate or suspend your Account, or block your use of the Voicify AI Platform, in the event that we reasonably consider that:
- you have violated these Terms; or
- you have violated any of our policies.
8.3 If your Account is suspended, you will not be able to use the Voicify AI Platform during any period of suspension.
8.4 We may also terminate or suspend your Account:
- if we decide to no longer provide the Voicify AI Platform, for example due to technical, financial or legitimate business reasons; or
- for any reason on 30 days’ notice to you.
8.6 You also acknowledge that we may cease to make the Platform available in any particular territory or region at any time without notice to you.
9. Uploading content to the Voicify AI Platform and generating Conversions9.1 As part of the Service, Voicify AI provides access to Custom Voice Models generated by other Users. These Custom Voice Models may bear certain resemblances to the vocal characteristics of identifiable public figures or fictional characters. However, it is important to clarify that these Custom Voice Models are completely artificial creations, developed through the application of advanced machine learning algorithms. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation, or representation of these public figures or fictional characters whose vocal characteristics Custom Voice Models (generated by Voicify AI) may resemble. Furthermore, the creation and provision of these Custom Voice Models do not constitute any endorsement, sponsorship, or partnership between Voicify AI and the said public figures or fictional characters. All trademarks, names, and likenesses associated with these public figures or fictional characters are their respective properties.
9.2 You may upload details about your Custom Voice Models including (but not limited to) its name, description, tags or thumbnail images (“Voice Model Information”). You are fully responsible for keeping all Voice Model Information true, accurate and complete at all times.
9.3 You agree that Voicify AI is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any Voice Model Information, and that Voicify AI makes no representation or warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any Voice Model Information or Conversions.
9.4 Voicify AI is not responsible for the results obtained through use of the Services, including any Conversions. The User is responsible for using the Services including:
- any results produced by the Services, including any Conversions, and
- assessing the adequacy, reliability, safety, accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable laws and industry standards, and other characteristics of the Conversions.
10. Using the Voicify AI platform and services10.1 To access the Voicify AI Platform, you warrant and agree that:
- you have the legal right, power and authority to agree to these Terms and that these Terms constitute legal, valid and binding obligations enforceable against you;
- you will comply with Voicify AI’s notices, guidelines and other rules that apply to your access to the Voicify AI Platform and use of the Services, in each case as Voicify AI may issue from time to time and notify to you via the Platform or by e-mail;
- you are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access the Voicify AI Platform. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and/or portable device is compatible with our Voicify AI Platform;
- you will access the Voicify AI Platform and use the Services for lawful purposes only and, in your use of the Voicify AI Platform and the Services, you will comply with all applicable laws;
- you will not make excessive or inappropriate use of the Voicify AI Platform or the Services and will not interfere with another User’s use or enjoyment of the Platform or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Service. You acknowledge that the Voicify AI Platform and the Services are a shared service provided to a community of Users. Therefore, excessive or inappropriate use by one User may adversely affect the experience of other Users;
- your agreement with your mobile network and/or internet service provider (“Internet Providers”) will apply in respect of your use of data in connection with your use of the Voicify AI Platform and that you may be charged by your Internet Provider in respect of such use. You accept responsibility for such charges;
- all information provided by you, including Your Content, to Voicify AI is true, accurate and complete at all times. If there are any changes to the information you have previously provided to Voicify AI, you will promptly update any such information within your Account or provide to Voicify AI, as applicable;
- you have all the necessary rights, consents and permissions to upload Your Content to the Voicify AI Platform and use it in connection with the Services, and such information does not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
- except as set out in section 14.5 of these Terms, you will not use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from the Voicify AI Platform for commercial or non-commercial purposes, except where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that permits such activity;
- you will not interfere with, or disrupt, the Voicify AI Platform or any servers or networks connected to the Voicify AI Platform, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of the Voicify AI Platform is rendered or displayed in a User’s browser or device;
- you will not access the Voicify AI Platform via a means not authorised in writing in advance by us including, but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies);
- you will not impersonate any other person (including another User’s account) or conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or offensive, or which may harass, defame, bully or intimidate any other person;
- you will not use false email addresses or any other means to mask your identity;
- you will not use the Voicify AI Platform for any illegal or unauthorised purpose or in any way that advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement, computer misuse, or collecting or harvesting any information or data from our systems or servers;
- you will not use the Voicify AI Platform in any way that (i) is defamatory of any other person, (ii) is obscene or offensive, (iii) promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or (iv) is likely to harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any other person;
- you will not change, modify, adapt or alter the Voicify AI Platform or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with the Voicify AI Platform or us;
- you will not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content or protections in the Voicify AI Platform and/or Services or any part thereof;
- you will not copy, modify, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Voicify AI Platform (including any of our software, products, processes accessible via the Services) including by attempting to derive the source code of any part of the Voicify AI Platform;
- you will not act in a manner that may be perceived as damaging to us or the Voicify AI Platform’s reputation and goodwill, or which may bring us or the Voicify AI Platform into disrepute or harm; and
- you will not make a derivative work of the Voicify AI Platform, or use the Voicify AI Platform to develop any service or product that is the same as, or substantially similar to, or that competes with the Platform.
11. Availability of the platform11.1 We provide the Voicify AI Platform on the basis that Users must only use the Services for domestic and private use (not for any commercial or business purposes). We will exercise reasonable care and skill and act with professional diligence in providing the Services. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we give no warranty that, but will take reasonable steps to ensure that: the Voicify AI Platform will be free of defects and/or faults; defects will be corrected; and the Voicify AI Platform or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
11.2 We will do our best to make sure that our Voicify AI Platform (and any email that we sent to you in connection with the Voicify AI Platform) is accurate, reliable, up-to-date and free from bugs, trojan horses or other harmful components.
11.3 We provide all content available on the Voicify AI Platform in such format types as we determine.
12. Your content on the Voicify AI platform12.1 The Voicify AI Platform enables you to: (i) upload User Data, Custom Voice Models, audio files, and other data and materials including Voice Model Information (“Your Content”); and (ii) generate Conversions. We may require that you upload Your Content in format types that we support via the Voicify AI Platform and change such formats from time to time. You represent and warrant that you have all rights, permissions, and consents necessary to upload Your Content to the Service.
Your Content must not:
- be or cause you to use the Voicify AI Platform or the Services in any way that is prohibited under or in breach of these Terms;
- contain any material which is or may reasonably be considered to be threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, or in breach of confidence;
- be illegal or infringe any of the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; and
- be technically harmful (by way of example it must not include any computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data),
12.4 We reserve the right to monitor and review Your Content and the content of other Users, but do not have the obligation to do so. You acknowledge that, unless expressly stated otherwise, Your Content has not been verified or approved by us.
12.5 We make no guarantee that Your Content will be kept on the Voicify AI Platform for any length of time, and we reserve the right to remove Your Content as we see fit, including if it does not comply with these Terms or removal is otherwise desirable for business or operational reasons. You are urged to keep back-up copies of any of Your Content submitted to us. The Voicify AI Platform should not be used as your primary method to store or curate copies of your images, videos, text and Conversions, as Your Content may be removed permanently from the Voicify AI Platform at any time, and we may not keep copies of Your Content.
12.6 You will notify us without delay by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that any of Your Content is or becomes Infringing Content (as defined in section 12.2 of these Terms) and you will provide us with any and all information and assistance that we require to in order to identify and remove any Infringing Content from the Voicify AI Platform.
13. Deleting your account13.1 You can ask us to delete your Account at any time by navigating to your Settings page settings and requesting that we delete your Account.
13.2 We will delete Your Content within 30 days of receiving your request but we may retain relevant metadata (such as credit ledger history) on our systems for accounting and audit reasons for as long as is necessary to fulfil our legal and/or contractual obligations and/or for other legal purposes.
13.4 When you delete your Account, your agreement with us will be immediately terminated.
14. Intellectual property rights14.1 You acknowledge that Voicify AI (or its licensors and suppliers) own all intellectual property rights in and to Voicify AI Platform, Services, and any material, documents, information, data, reports methodologies and knowhow made available to you by Voicify AI, and all modifications, adaptations and enhancements to the foregoing (“Voicify AI IP”).
14.2 As between You and Voicify, you own the Conversions that you generate using our Services, provided they were created in accordance with these Terms. Voicify AI makes no representations or warranties with respect to the current law that might apply to you and the ownership status of the Conversions. Due to the nature of artificial intelligence technologies, Conversions may also not be unique across Users and the Services may generate the same or similar results across Users.
14.3 By uploading Your Content to the Voicify AI Platform, you hereby grant us and other Users of the Voicify AI Platform a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence (which is unlimited in time) to:
- use, host and store all of Your Content to operate and provide the necessary functionality of the Voicify AI Platform and the Services;
- publicly display, broadcast, transmit, and make available Your Content to Users via the Voicify AI Platform in accordance with these Terms (except where Your Content is any Custom Voice Model you have uploaded for private use);
- copy, modify, translate and make derivative works of Your Content for use in connection with the promotion of the Voicify AI Platform (except where Your Content is any Custom Voice Model you have uploaded for private use);
- to publicly display, broadcast, transmit, and make available Your Content (including in the form modified by us as described in point (c) above) to promote us, the Voicify AI Platform, the User Library, in any media (including via our social media channels, in our advertising and in promotional materials), except where Your Content is any Custom Voice Model you have uploaded for private use; and
- to use Your Content for any other purposes as may be required by law.
Conditional on your compliance with these Terms, Voicify AI grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited licence to access and use Voicify AI IP solely to the extent necessary to receive the benefit of the Services (which shall not include the use of the Service by, or for the benefit of, any person other than yourself).
15. Confidentiality15.1 As part of the Services, you may be given access to non-public information that Voicify AI or its affiliates or third parties designate as confidential or should reasonably be considered confidential under the circumstances, including software, specifications, and other non-public business information (“Confidential Information”). You will not use, disclose, exploit, copy or modify such Confidential Information except as necessary to receive the benefit of the Services. You will keep Confidential Information secret and secure and apply at least the same level of protection as you use in respect of your own confidential or proprietary information of similar nature, using at least reasonable care.
15.2 The obligations of confidentiality in this section do not extend to any information that:
- is in, or has become part of, the public domain other than as a result of a breach of the obligations of confidentiality under these Terms;
- was developed by you independently of any Confidential Information disclosed by Voicify AI;
- was independently disclosed to you by a third party entitled to disclose the same; or
- is legally required to be disclosed under any applicable law.
16. Links to third party properties16.1 The Voicify AI Platform (and emails that we send to you in connection with the Voicify AI Platform) may include links to third party websites, applications and/or other digital properties (“Third Party Properties”) that are controlled and maintained by third parties including Suppliers or Specifiers (“Third Parties”). If you decide to visit any Third Party Property or use a service made available through, or purchase products via, a Third Party Property, you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the reputation of the relevant Third Party and the services they offer. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on Third Party Properties. Links that we make available do not imply that we are, or our Voicify AI Platform is, affiliated to or associated with such websites or services.
17. Limitations of liability17.1 You have certain legal rights when using the Voicify AI Platform. These are also known as “statutory rights” as they are derived from laws such as the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015. Nothing in these Terms affects these rights.
17.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
17.3 All warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are excluded from these Terms to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17.4 Subject to this section 17 and any refunds owed to you in accordance with these Terms, our total aggregate liability under or in connection with your use of the Voicify AI Platform, the Services or any matter arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be limited to the greater of: (i) Subscription Fees paid by you in the 12 months immediately preceding the month during which the liability arose; or (ii) £100.
17.5 Voicify AI is responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before you accepted these Terms meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable);
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in section 18.2;
- Not caused by our breach of these Terms or our negligence;
- Caused by your use of the Platform in breach of these Terms;
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, damage to your own device, which was caused by the Voicify AI Platform and which you could have avoided by following our advice; or
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
18. Other important terms that apply to our contract18.1 We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying the Services. We’ll contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you’re unhappy with the transfer you can cancel your subscription by logging into your Account and follow the instructions for cancellation on the Settings page and we will refund you any payments you’ve made in advance for any Service not provided. You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
18.2 We’re not responsible for delays outside our control. Voicify AI will not be liable to you for any failure to fulfil its duties under these Terms if and to the extent that such failure results from an act or event affecting the performance by Voicify AI of its obligations under these Terms arising from events beyond its reasonable control (including, without limitation, natural disaster, pandemic, fire, flood, terrorist attack or an industrial dispute) we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can cancel your subscription and contact our Support Team at email@example.com to receive a refund for any Service you have paid for in advance, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
18.3 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
18.4 If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
18.5 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
18.6 Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, their subject matter or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. As a consumer, you may have a right to bring a claim in your local jurisdiction. In all other cases, the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms.
19. NoticeAll notices given by you to us may be given to us at Kalculus, 119 Marylebone Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 5PU or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give notice to you via the Voicify AI Platform or using the contact information you provided to us as part of your registration.
20. Raising concerns20.1 If you have an enquiry, comment or complaint about Voicify AI Platform or any of our Services, please submit a support request to our Support Team at email@example.com.
20.2 If we are unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to raise a dispute or bring a claim against us, you may first seek to resolve this informally with us and if this is not possible, we will offer to engage in an impartial out-of-court dispute resolution procedure with you.
Reporting claims of copyright infringement. We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Voicify AI Platform infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Voicify AI Platform by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated in our DMCA & Copyright Policy.